"The City of Boerne Finance Department is a dedicated team committed to providing timely, accurate, clear, and complete financial information and support to other city departments, citizens, and the community at large and respond to their changing needs. We strive to provide excellent customer service."
Who We Are
The Finance Department is responsible for all fiscal matters related to the City of Boerne. Our purpose is to optimally manage the City’s finances through its accounting, budgeting and forecasting, investing, purchasing, and billing and collection functions so as to ensure the proper safeguarding and preservation of City assets while providing outstanding customer service to internal and external customers, moving forward with new ideas and technology while preserving traditional values.
- Budgeting - Annual Operating and Capital Budget
- Quarterly Financial and Investment Reports
- Facilitate preparation of Capital Improvement Plan and Forecast
- Accounts Payable
- Treasury Management
- The SEC’s Municipal Advisor Rule which took effect on July 1, 2014, imposes a registration regime upon municipal advisors, i.e., firms that give advice absent an exemption or exclusion to Municipal Entities and Obligated Persons ["Issuers"], and imposes a fiduciary duty upon municipal advisors that give advice to municipal entities. The Rule granted certain exemptions and exclusions from the definition of municipal advisor for persons providing certain types of advice that would otherwise deem that person to be a municipal advisor. One such exemption is for advice given to Issuers that are represented by and will rely on the advice of an Independent Registered Municipal Advisor ["IRMA"]. In order to rely on this exemption, a firm must receive certain representations from the Issuer.
- Debt Management
- Maintain capital asset records
- Maintenance of Fee Schedules
- Unclaimed Properties
- Internal Controls
- Utility Customer Care and Billing (Link)
- Finance Director, City of Boerne (2004 – Present)
- Controller, Guadalupe Valley Telephone Coop, Inc. (1991 – 2004)
- Asst Vice-President, Commercial Lending (1982 -1991)
Education & Professional Associations
- Graduated from UTSA with BBA in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Government Finance Officer
- Board Member and Past President of Government Finance Officers of Texas
- Member of American Institute of Public Accountants
- Member of Texas Society of Public Accountants
- Member of Government Finance Officers of America
- Member of Government Treasury Officers of Texas
- Leadership Boerne – 2004 – 2005 Class/ Served on committee 2005 – 2008
- Board Member of numerous civic and charitable organizations
Sandra grew up in Boerne and is a graduate of Boerne High School. She and her husband, Mark, have 2 children and 3 grandsons. Sandra enjoys time with family and friends, traveling and spending time outdoors.